Greg, see my replies below
> re: NC353 vs Nc393 imagers.
> Are either of these imagers suitable for a 12 imager array given the
following needs?
> 1 - sustained 30 fps to ssd (assume JPG4)
> 2 - min of 1920x1080 (2kx2k preferred)
No problems to run 4 sensors connected directly to the 10393 board, but not
possible with the current 10359 multiplexers, they have the same pixel rate on
the output as an individual sensors (so the frame rate is decreased
proportionally to teh number of sesnor on the inputs). We do plan to design a
high-speed replacement for the 10359 multiplexer, but it is not available yet.
When it will bwe available, it will be possible to run 3 of 5MPix sensors at
full sensor speed up to the maximal combined (4 channels) pixel rate of 1
GPix/sec (may be somewhat increased in the future).

> 3- Sync + global shutter.
No global shutter in at least the sensors we will have initially, only "Global
Reset"

> 4- +70º HFOV
The lenses we have now with the sensors (f=4.5mm) provide FOV 60x45, 70 will
require different lenses, but that is possible.

> 5Mp has a Global Reset type rolling shutter, right?
Yes, that is correct. In most applications without a flash we still use it as a
synchronized ERS to prevent variable exposure for different lines. After the
global reset is released, it still continues moving through the lines.

> Is it light sensitive during readout? Or is it a true global shutter? Is
readout < 15 msec. at typical outdoor exposure?
The readout time is not related to exposure, it is just 1/fps. In synchronized
mode we reset all the sensor but after that it works like normal ERS sensors,
with reset pointer and readout pointer lagging by the exposure time, so only
the pixels between the pointers are sensitive.

> What is typical trigger lag time when multiple imagers are operating in
sync + global shutter?
Virtually no lag from the trigger to the start of the exposure of the first
line (much less than usable exposure). All the sensors start simultaneously
(with microsecond precision).

> What is the frame rate at WOI of ~1920x1080? vs binning full frame down to
1296x 968 operating in sync + global shutter?
All the frame rates are just what sensor datasheets provide, the MT9P006
datasheet is online now -
http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MT9P006-D.PDF (pp. 15-16), they have
multiple resolutions/frame rate examples there as well as formulas for other
resolutions. For 1920x1080 they show 31fps (in free-running mode). The
difference between the FPS in pure ERS and synchronized is that while
synchronized period is exposure time longer: FPS = 1/(Texposure + Treadout)
> What is sustainable fps to μsd?
This number I do not have - we did not test the microSD for the recording speed
yet, considering it not to be very high (GigE port is probably faster)
> To ssd via SATA operating in sync + global shutter?
There is no real global shutter in this sensor, we only use synchronized mode
as I explained above. Current implementation of SATA is SATA-2, we will work on
SATA-3 upgrade later, both Zynq ansd a cross-point switch support required data
rate, so it will only be firmware upgrade. Currently actually measured
recording speed is 198MB/s

> Cost for 12 imagers, lenses with +70º HFOV, controllers with sync, and ssd
array?
Sensor front end prices will stay the same as the old ones (for 5 MPix they are
the same), the 10393 (system board) 10389 (interface) and 10385 (power supply)
are not yet finalized, we will post them soon. We do not have 70 HFOV in stock,
just assuming it will be close to what we have for 60x45, but the price will
depend if it is just M12 lens with adpter to C/CS mount, C/CS mount lens or a
calibrated /glued SFE as we use in Eyesis4pi series cameras.
SSDs - virtually any m.2 devices of 2242 or 2260 form factor (2280 will not
fit), so many price/density/features options. It is also possible to use
extrenal eSATA devices.

> 3Mp, same questions...
Not likely we'll have 3MPix sensors, and On Semiconductor does not show the 3
MPix sensors we used anymore.  5Mpix seem top be a good combination of
resolution/sensitivity, we'll keep them in parallel with higher resolution

> 14Mp:
>    -Will Global Reset Shutter be implemented? If so when?
Sensor ( http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MT9F002-D.PDF ) does have all the
reset modes of the 5 MPix ones and some extra, including possibility to
synchronize multiple free-running sensors - we will work on using this mode
that was not awailable for 5MPix sensors.

> X sync release date?
What X sync functionality exactly do you need?

> What fps if binned to ~1920x1080 (or 2kx2k) + operating in sync + global
shutter?
Different combinations of frame rates/binning modes are listed in the
datasheet, we will support all of them (initially you can just use Python
script to program any of the sensor registers directly)

> Cost for 12 imagers, lenses with +70º HFOV, controllers with sync, and ssd
array?
There will be no cost differences between 5 MPix and 14 MPix sensors, finding a
good lens may be more difficult. What do you mean by "controllers with sync"?
NC393 cameras will support the same inter-camera synchronization modes as NC353
has, we do not have any additional controllers but those implemented in the
camera.

Andrey