Mitch,

Yes, increasing exposure time was discussed, I'll try to help if something will
not work or is not clear.

Automation what your are asking for should work with HTTP GET requests that you
can send from any programming language. You probably also noticed that you do
not need both connectors - they were only needed to get frame period of 1.5
sec. With longer readouts you can read the full frame through a single port
(port 0 - it is the one that controls the acquisition).

Files that you need to look into (after unpacking archive) are
elphel_6.3.3.8/elphelcamera/apps/ccd/genpars:
fast</a><br>
                                                                    Get
previous, start new<br>
                                                                    if any
parameters where<br>
                                                                    changed,
will work as<br>

So that will be http://camera_ip/ccd.cgi?image - such request will return
previously acquired image and initiate acquisition of a new one.

Getting 14 bits should be possible, but I do not remember the details as so
many generations of the camera system boards were build after that 10313 system
board.Most registers are described as comments in x313.v file that is a part of
the archive (it is available at Sourceforge and in the file system of the
camera itself). On the other hand it will not give you too much as the full
well capacity of this sensor is not too high (because of the electronic
shutter) and when you use non-linear conversion (gamma is regulated) you are
getting most of the sensor data digitized to 14 bits through just 8. I do not
remember the FWC of the KAI11002 and believe that with 14 (linear) bits you may
get not more than just twice better result than with 8 (non-linear). So before
digging into the code to restore the 14-bit mode I would try to measure - how
much are you loosing with non-linear 8 bits.

elphel_6.3.3.8/elphelcamera/apps/ccd/genpars/ccd.c is a source for ccd.cgi. You
may experiment with ccam.cgi?image=w and then ccam.cgi?image.raw - maybe there
is a simple way to get 14-bit data.

Or maybe somebody who got the same camera already figured that out?

The newer camera that uses the same sensor is still old (9.5 yrs) and there
were only 10 or so built, we have only one left. And unfortunately we do not
have any boards left.

Andrey

---- On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 11:36:36 -0700 Mitch Davister
<mdavis...@verizon.net> wrote ----

   I have an Elphel 323-2 camera that I want to use for the large sensor size
in a long exposure application (astronomy).  The issue of maximum exposure was
addressed (but I haven’t had time to try it out yet).  I did have some other
questions about utilizing the camera.  First the web interface is limited, is
there a tutorial or other software to command the camera to automate some
aspects of the image capture?  For instance “Take x number of exposures and
download the files to this directory”?  I am comfortable in programming with
Visual Basic, C, and VHDL, so writing a custom app is an option, just need a
little direction as how to get the data/commands to and from the camera.  I
would also like to know how to get the raw 14 bit data from the camera instead
of just the 8 bit raw information, is it possible?

 Another question is: I noticed that Elphel has a newer camera that utilizes
the same KAI-11002 sensor, is that camera available as a kit without the sensor?

 Mitch Davister