From: Elphel Support <support-list@support.elphel.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:48:29 PM
To: Mohamed Morsy; Elphel List
Subject: Re: [Elphel-support] 10393 Imagers Synchronization

Hello Mohammed,

You can save camera settings so they will be precisely synchronized. In "free
running" mode each sensor can have different WOI and so different FPS. You may
find info on synchronization here: https://wiki.elphel.com/wiki/Trigger_393

The disadvantage of synchronized mode is in low-light conditions, because when
operated in free running mode rolling-shutter sensors can have exposure up to
frame readout period (14.5 fps full resolution), exposure and readout overlap.

In triggered mode exposure and readout are not overlapped, so frame period can
not be below exposure time plus readout time. Other than that in triggered mode
all sensors have beginning of exposure at exactly the same moment (to
microsecond precision), same applies to multiple 393 camera if they are
connected with sync cables

Andrey

---- On Wed, 08 May 2019 12:32:00 -0700 Mohamed Morsy
<mmo...@redzone.com<mailto:mmo...@redzone.com>> wrote ----

Hello Oleg,

I understand that when 4 imagers are connected to the 10393, they are not in
sync by default. Do you know how out of sync they are? Also, is the lack of
synchronization noticeable? If the cameras are in motion, will there be
significant gaps between the different imagers' frames? If this is something
you've tested please  let me know.

Thank you,

Mohamed Morsy
RedZone Robotics