Hello Walter,

Elphel camera NC353L (older model) is being used for photofinish purposes
by at least two of our customers. We also have a blog post from another
user who did photofinish with Elphel camera a few years ago:
https://blog.elphel.com/2010/11/elphel-as-a-line-scan-camera-for-river-panoramas/
https://blog.elphel.com/2018/01/photo-finish/
You can also read on elphel wiki about photo finish applications:
https://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&fulltext=Search&limit=500&search=photofinish

If you go on elphel.com, there are multiple tabs, and you can type
"photofinish" in the combined search - there is information on the blog,
wiki, and support list about it.

All Elphel software is Free and Open Source and distributed and protected
by GNU GPL v.3 license. Hardware is under CERN Open Hardware license. You
are welcome to use the existing code and write your own application
specific software. If you plan to distribute your software it has to be GNU
GPL.

We also have the new model NC393, and it is possible to use it as a line
scan camera, but we have not yet had any customers who have done it.

Best Regards,

Olga S Filippova
Elphel, Inc.