Chris Buechler wrote:
hah  Well...that's probably the best you can get on that.  :)  With rl
NIC's at least, since they're interrupt happy.

Wow. That was certainly it. Ran top and showed 0% idle CPU with over 70% interrupt dedicated to interrupts and ~25% system. I knew the RL NICs were poor, just never knew how poor they really were until I started playing around with BSD - I guess my Linux machines have always been powerful enough to overcome the danged things. Funny this - the 93Mb was between a desktop Athlon XP-1800 and a laptop AMD-64 3000+, both with RTL-8139 NICs.

I guess I'll stop buying the crappy RTL cards now, eh?

Hey, anyone interested in a couple of top-quality NICs? I'll sell 'em to you cheap!

RB