From: jonathan gonzalez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 4:18 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] passive ftp (strike 2)

Scott,

i put a rule as you told me but this doesn't seems to work. The only way
to enable ftp (active) is de-activating the ftp-helper.

This is a snippet of the ftp window in my workstation:

<SNIP>
220-Local time is now 23:05. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

[...]

ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful
150 Connecting to port 3378

[...]

ftp> passive
Passive mode on.
ftp> ls -l
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,11,237,181)
ftp: connect: No route to host
ftp>
ftp>
ftp> passive
Passive mode off.
ftp> ls -l
200 PORT command successful
150 Connecting to port 3380

[...]

226 4 matches total
</SNIP>

As you can see active connections works but passive don't. The
negotiated port within the connection is 60853 ((256*237) + 181). My ftp
server (pure-ftpd) is allowing passive ports from 49000 to 65000 (49000
that is the first port that pfSense understands as available for passive
transfers as i saw in the internal code) so it shows the passive ftp is
not yet working :(

Any ideas?
Hope this helps.
Regards,