Oops sorry about that. ;-)

I was using Intel 10/100 cards (dual port).  I also had Kensingtons.

It could also be due to other factors, such as my running FreeBSD's natd.   But, I did notice that SMB file browsing was much more fast when I updated to the new machine.

My net connection is cable modem (Comcast).

I'm adding yet another variable:  VoIP, once I figure out how to accomodate all my needs.

Thank you.