Howdy,

pfSense has been a solid firewall for home use, and now I am implementing it as a firewall at work. I have run into a snag, and not really sure what the problem is. I am running 89.2

Here is my Setup:

WAN (AT&T-T1): 12.165.119.195
LAN: 192.168.40.1

I can use NAT, and Port Forwarding. They work great and all is well when I only have one WAN IP. No Problems. So, my problems comes when I do Virtual IPs. I would like to add a second IP. I add a Virtual IP of 12.165.119.196 (Proxy ARP), and set my NAT rules up using this Virtual IP. I am unable to connect at all to this Virtual IP. I have restarted the Box, and everything. I can Ping 12.165.119.195, but can't ping my 196 address. So, it seems that the Virtual IPs are not binding to that NIC card or somthing like that. All my NAT rules for 195 work as well while I have the 196 Virtual IP set up also. I just can't figure it out. Could someone give me a simple setup kinda step by step to adding Virtual IPs and setting incoming access via NAT.

On another note, I will be putting a Mail Server behind this Firewall as well, and will have to set up Advanced Outgoing NAT for my Mail Server, so it's reverse DNS shows. If anyone can walk me through that, (Mail server will be 192.168.40.10, and public IP, 12.165.119.199) Thanks so much for anyone's input / help.

Thanks,
Nate