Hi Peter,

I'm sorry, but I for one have had quite enough emails from you by now.
You have clearly demonstrated that you do not understand enough about
firewalls, filtering, BSD etc. to use pfSense in it's current state.
And I have more then enough emails to read without this mailing list getting
filled up with unneeded info. It seems some devs has already tried to nicely
inform you that you are somewhat on the wrong track here.
Like comparing a i386 generic OS and HW, with a Cisco PIIX, I mean come on,
what on earth are you thinking ?
A OS created to do routing and packet filtering running with ASICs is not
comparable to FreeBSD on I386 at all.
I mean a Junpier M40 might have a PII 233Mhz processor and 256 MB RAM. It
does 40 million pps +++. So then I guess FreeBSD running on a 500Mhz with
512MB ram should handle twice as much ?!?
Junos is even derived from freebsd so it _MUST_ be somewhat the same :p

Seriously, you have clearly demonstrated that you do not have a clue about
what your doing, even suggesting to put the same IP on two interfaces
clearly shows me that you do not know the first thing about how things
works.

Even thinking about using pfsense in a datacenter to protect your boxes with
your kind of knowledge is at best a BAD move.

Now please sit down and read up on routing, TCP/IP and BSD in general.
Then learn how the things work from sitting in your own LAB and test things
(not with ab btw.). Then put what you have learned to good use (and NO, that
does not mean writing another 60 emails to this list). That means test, and
figure out the problem, and give us a fix/patch. Or at least a detailed
description of the problem, and how to repeat it. We already know that there
are many bugs in the system and that performance is not close to what it can
be.
But the goal for 1.0 is to have something that works and gives users a nice
SOHO firewall solution. It's not to give you a system so that you can sell
your [insert project] with a minimal cost.

Also remember this, each email you send to this list steals x minutes of
time from each developer. So your 60 plus emails has probably consumed at
least 300 minutes times 10 from the developers of this project. That amounts
to 3000 minutes, and each dev might have as much as 4-6 hours after a days
work, that is spent on this project. Now find your calc and see how many
days of development time you have "wasted".

Now, feel free to contribute. And if you can't do it with code or usefull
testing, do it with HW or documentation.

-lsf