Run "ifconfig iwi0 list channel" in the webgui at diagnostics>command and set
manually an appropriate channel. not all channels support each mode.

Holger

        -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
        Von: Ethan Bonick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Gesendet: Di 13.12.2005 03:00
        An: support@pfsense.com
        Betreff: [pfSense Support] wlan problems

        I am using and intel 2200bg wireless network card (mini pci). It gets
        recognized by  pfSense as iwi0, but it is always down. When configuring
        it I am bridging it to my lan card. The channel never gets set to
        anything other then 1, I tried auto and 2-4. Also tried manually setting
        an ip address, but doesnt show when running ifconfig iwi0. I am using a
        Wrap.1E-2.

        Here is the output of ifconfig iwi0:

        $ ifconfig iwi0
        iwi0: flags=8902<BROADCAST,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
                inet6 fe80::212:f0ff:fe4d:2ecf%iwi0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
                ether 00:12:f0:4d:2e:cf
                media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11b
(autoselect)
                status: no carrier
                ssid 1louder channel 1
                authmode OPEN privacy OFF txpowmax 100 protmode OFF

        here is the section from my config.xml:

        <opt2>
                    <descr>WLAN</descr>
                    <if>iwi0</if>