From: Vivek Khera [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 17 March 2006 4:56 a.m.
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] lockups continue

I'm still observing lockups which appears to happen more often during
times when I'm connected to the VPN via mobile user from my Mac
laptop.  Once it happened at another time.

I'm running beta2 on a Dell PE800.  It has otherwise been very
stable.  The only thing I've changed during the entire time I've been
running pfsense (since September '05) is to add a soekris vpn1401
card.  I'm leaning towards that being the culprit.

I don't see them at all on a WRAP box running m0n0wall with the mini-
pci version (vpn1411) of the same card.  This leads me to believe it
is either a bad card or FreeBSD 6.x driver for hifn is faulty.

Anyone else seeing lockups with the soekris vpn PCI card?

Ideally, I'd like to get an image with either the debugger enabled or
the kernel software watchdog so it will just reset itself (presuming
it is not totally locked).