From: Jonathan Wanak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:13 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] What are the functional differences between a
hard disk installation and a CDROM install?

Hi,

I'm trying to decide whether to go with a hard drive install or a CDROM
install of pfSense.  I haven't found anything that specifies what features
are different between the two installations.

What are the pros and cons of going with a hard drive versus a CDROM-based
install?  Is there a routing performance or memory hit with the CDROM
version?  Can the CDROM version save logs, RRD graphs, etc. to a floppy, or
will this information be lost after a reboot?  Does anyone have a strong
preference either way, and why?

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Jon Wanak