Interesting,

This version of the firmware doesn't even list the VPN tunnel that is
configured for the OPT interface in the vpn section of /tmp/rules.debug.
 The tunnel definition is listed in the GUI, and it's working with the
manual rules because I'm in the process of accessing remote resources
now.

In /tmp/rules.debug, however, it's like the vpn out the opt interface
just doesn't exist.  I checked the firewall rules section of
/tmp/rules.debug, and the manual rules that I added are there.

Also, the firmware version that I was using when I started this thread
last week showed the VPN tunnel definition in /tmp/rules.debug, but it
showed the wrong interface.

Vaughn