Am 01.06.2007 um 23:26 schrieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Nope, just jammed for slots. But it works out the same. Looking at some Dell Poweredge 860's to use, and I can only get risers with 2 PCI-e or 1
PCI and 1 PCI-X. I have another card I want to use in the PCI-X slot,
and I need six interfaces - two onboard and a quad card will work.

Intel offers a FreeBSD driver for the 82571GB - card (Intel Pro 1000 PT Quad-Port PCIe).

Reading em(4)'s man-page, I'd say it is included (and supported).

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi? query=em&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.2-RELEASE&format=html

There was a little, well, shakeup with the em(4)-driver before 6.2 was released, but I'd say it has been sorted out.

When there is a problem, I'd post to the STABLE- oder networking mailing-list.

The only Quad-card I have is in a Linux-backup-server (I think it's the MT-model of the above card).

cheers,
Rainer
--
Rainer Duffner