I have a board on order and will let you know how well it works with
pfsense.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Dick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 6:02 AM
To: support@pfsense.com; support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Review New Hardware Setup

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:55:51 +0100, "Paul Mansfield"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Simon Dick wrote:
> > I have an Atom 230 based system I've just put together, unfortunately
> > it's not one I'm planning to install BSD nevermind pfSense on, I'll
> > actually be using it for VMWare (one of the guests will be pfSense, but
> > this is only for a small home network, I'm trying to combine old low
> > powered systems)
>

> would you be able to do at least a minimal network performance test, eg,
> boot linux and use "netcat" to test raw throughput?

It's running centos 5 anyway, so I'll do that shortly, bear in mind I'm
using a quad port 100Mb fxp type pci card, not the onboard Realtek one
though (centos doesn't come with a driver to support it for some strange
reason)
--
Simon Dick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]