On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 7:22 AM, Public Dump <p...@suspiria.net> wrote:
> I am using PFSENSE to maintain a site to site VPN between two locations. The
> VPN is PPTP based and PFSENSE is used on one site of the link (passive
> side).

How'd you come to choose PPTP to connect the pair of pfSense routers?
PPTP is really not as secure as the other options. In fact, my
security auditing company recommends running PPTP over a "secure"
channel like IPSec (make me laugh to think why one would do that...)

Seemsto me the better choice would be IPSec or OpenVPN based tunnels.
I use IPSec and it is 100% rock solid between the fixed endpoints.  I
occasionally get a dropped or hung connection on mobile clients.
OpenVPN clients have been very stable too.