I decided to enable transparent proxy on my school firewall because I was getting a million requests a day to configure proxy settings on student laptops.

But now that I turned on transparent proxy, students have discovered that they can get to banned sites (like facebook) via https. http://www.facebook.com is blocked but https://www.facebook.com still works.

Can someone let me know how to block these? I understand I have to deny the 'connect method' but don't see where to do this. Can this only be done in command line?

Luke Jaeger | Technology Coordinator
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
www.pvpa.org