-----Original Message-----
From: Luke Jaeger [mailto:ad...@pvpa.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:59 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] can't block https://facebook.com via firefox

>Yes, I'm sure - facebook.com is explicitly blocked in my squid blacklist
and the shallalist 'socialnet' category is blocked too in squidguard. I also
set up a firewall rule blocking any >traffic >on any port to

>66.220.147.0/24
>66.220.149.0/24
>66.220.153.0/24
>69.63.176.0/24
>69.63.181.0/24
>69.63.184.0/24
>69.63.187.0/24
>69.63.189.0/24
>69.63.190.0/24

>But it's still possible to get to facebook, ONLY via https and ONLY in
Firefox when set to bypass system proxy settings.

You did put the block list above any allow list and you did put it on the
LAN port.  Correct?
I personally would set anything on the local network on Https, and Http to
block thus forcing them to use your squid proxy.  (Allow squid proxy of
course)