It seems strange to want to apply the same mistake that had been done on Linux,
but let me explain the situation.

a) The previous configuration was made by a former business consultant here,
the guy made the business work well, is round, but no VLAN is vulnerable, he
may have done this way just to give a customer satisfaction that have hitherto
switch that supports VLAN.

b) Then in a work of restructuring the network, turned off the Linux client and
put a pfSense virtualized on VMware ESXi 4.1, it has 03 virtual NIC interfaces
that are connected to a single physical NIC connected to Switch, I am trying to
apply the same scheme, after the customer wants it, at first looked like it
would work, was going well until they started distributing the DHCP IP to the
machines without considering the STATIC MAPPING, I found strange because I
marked the option "deny unknown clients to" this each ranger, two are free and
192.168.0.0/24 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 and a security where any intruder
would fall there, for example someone who broke the password for the wireless
network.

c) Under Firewall Rules, created rules that isolate these networks, works well,
had already tested.

d) Maybe if you put the version RC3 to work, the current is the pfSense 1.2.3,
but it would be sure not to apply efforts in vain.

e) You can not reach the client and say, buy with VLAN switch, buy this or
that, it will say "But his predecessor did it work in Linux and had no
problems," some customers for certain things are complicated to explain, he may
think you are wanting to sell or wind, so friends I have total agreement that
this is more or less security, the firewall rules insulates networks in fact as
I said before, but a scenario with VLANS or even 802.1x, would be better, but
it does not now, the least I can do is leave the scene no less than it was
before, either with Linux or pfSense. So I'm sending this text to explain the
more because at least on this account, I'm insisting on doing something that
from the beginning is not 100% correct.

Ivanildo Galvão - MCP, MCT, MCSA, VSP
Consultor de Tecnologia
Tel. (84) 3201 2146                 | Cel. (84) 9111 8873
ivani...@itservices.com.br    | www.itservices.com.br
Twitter: @ivanildogalvao