On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 21:59 +1200, Mike Leahy wrote:
> When I finally did check Pidgin, I saw that my Messenger account was
> disconnected (I also have Google-talk, and a (disabled) ICQ account
> setup in Pidgin).  The reason for not being able to connect is the
> error message in the subject: "Unable to retrieve MSN Address Book".

The only reason you would get that error message ("Unable to retrieve
MSN Address Book") would be if you were using the MSNP14 (or 15)
protocol plugin, which is not supported in any Pidgin release yet. Also,
none of the Fedora packages have it enabled.

Did you intentionally omit to tell us that you were using this? Or did
you forget? Maybe you can revert to using the packages for your OS?

Regards,

Stu.