Oggetto:        [aaloa supporters] Let's make introductions
Data:   Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:24:01 +0200
Mittente:       Francesco Furfari <francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it>
A:      supporters@aaloa.org

Dear all,

I invite all of you to introduce yourselves, so we can know who we are
:). I will start by introducing people from CNR

Stefano Chessa, Stefano Lenzi and me (Francesco Furfari) are the CNR
people who started to work on AAL thanks to the PERSONA project. CNR had
a small role in PERSONA and our contribution were mainly on the
integration of ZigBee technology on OSGi platform and the core
middleware of the PERSONA platform.
Stefano Chessa is associated with the Wireless Network Laboratory from
University of Pisa where he teaches Wireless Sensor Networks, helped
sometimes by the lab's people. Stefano Lenzi and me are the people who
have some practical experience with the open source development, in
particular with the the Apache Software community: I used such
experience to push all of you in this adventure.

Francesco Potortì is one more senior researcher at the lab who has
experience with the Open Source world, in particular with the Italian
Associazione Software Libero. He joined this year the universAAL project
and he is new to AAL, but he was awarded during the second plenary
meeting of universAAL for his strong contribution to the project's kick
off. Without his help my work as Exploitation Manager and WP leader
would be very hard.

Paolo Barsocchi, Alberto Gotta, and Gabriele Oligeri have recently
obtained their PhD. As you may  guess they love formulas and write
papers, they are approaching this activity with some apprehension, but I
bet they will be enthusiastic to work on the organization of EvAAL contest.

Giovanni Lombardi is the technician who joined our group few months ago,
and I think he is still deciding whether it was a good move for him ...
soon a lot of extra work for setting up AALOA infrastructures ;-)

Finally Erina Ferro is our boss. We have to thank Erina for many things,
but in particular because she helped to convince the head of our
institute to sustain AALOA. If the community around AALOA will grow in
the next years and will promote an open standards policy we will have
the support of our institute over time.

That's all from the CNR, it is the first time we provide such "service"
to a community so I hope you will have some understanding of any
possible inefficiency form our side.

regards
francesco