Although for AAL, Claud Computing is in my opinion a second layer on top of "AAL Spaces", but what is important is the message, namely more openness for more interoperability:

Behind The Scenes: Microsoft, Open Source, And Interoperability - What's Ahead! by Microsoft: OSCON 2011 - O'Reilly Conferences, July 25 - 29, 2011, Portland, OR <http://www.oscon.com/oscon2011/public/schedule/detail/21244> The world is changing, and so is Microsoft. We are continuing down the path of even greater openness and interoperability in new ways . . . not just in development, but rising to meet the challenges a...

Microsoft: Cloud need only be open surface, not open source | ZDNet <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/microsoft-cloud-need-only-be-open-surface-not-open-source/9308> At Oscon 2011, Gianugo Rabellino, Senior Director for Open Source Communities at Microsoft, said as long as the APIs, protocols and standards for the...