Hi Said,
At a personal level I feel that ideas are important, if a document does not reflect the ideas it should not be led (just supporting the text).
For focussing in the relevant projects, it is more important transmitting the ideas that adapting them to the context.
At this stage there is a lot of open software outside and AAL will not be able to write it again.
In any case, this is not a binding opinion ;-)
Best regards,
-Jesus-

Inactivo - Ocultar detalles para Mohammad-Reza Tazari ---16/09/2011 07:35:38---Hi Jesus, the reason is that the LD is not an AAMohammad-Reza Tazari ---16/09/2011 07:35:38---Hi Jesus, the reason is that the LD is not an AALOA document. AALOA was only

Mohammad-Reza Tazari
16/09/2011 07:35

    jesus.berm...@telvent.com

cc:

    supporters@aaloa.org

    Re: [aaloa supporters] Thoughts related to the recent comments on the Lecce Declaration

Hi Jesus,

the reason is that the LD is not an AALOA document. AALOA was only
mandated to organize the work on the LD in an open way without any
"back-stage" decision making. Apparently, the experience of the
participants of AMB'11 was that at least this level of trusting the
AALOA governing board is possible, which is already something. Me
personally am very happy with that. Having this in mind, we tried not to
discuss the "how"s too much in order to have a chance to converge. De
facto, most of the projects supporting the LD are not linked with AALOA
(even some of the people having joined the group on aalforum.eu do not
have any link to AALOA). What does AALOA gain? At least, it becomes more
known. Although one result of this could be that new people might decide
to join, for me personally, however, it is more important that at this
stage, we attract a certain level of trust that we really stand for
openness, "co-opetiton" (see the manifesto), and convergence even if
one might not share some of our concrete ideas.

Kind regards,

-- Saied

http://www.oecd.org/document/63/0,3746,en_2649_34223_39109439_1_1_1_1,00.html#background
> and open source is recognised as other strategies,
> Is there any reason for this?

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>