How simple would a data in one com port, data out another program be?
You could set up another PC like my wooden 386 (which I'm typing this
on now) which has the modem plugged in to the com port it needs to
be. You connect your 'usage' PC to the the input COM port (which has a
different irq) with a nul modem cable, and write the program to relay
the data sent between the ports. The extra PC with the modem (and
UART capable of the desired speed) acts as the modem, but logs
everything to a file.

Much better than the way it was done in the book "The Cuckoos Egg"
where he used a printer and a few trees worth of paper.

I wonder if this is possible, and maybe someone with a good comms
library could whip it up?

On 12 Mar 99 at 11:18, Peter Torrano punched in: