Hi!

After so many preaching to my friend, finally he allowed me to put
Linux on one partition on his HD.

Nut, unfortunately, I have a problem trying to install SuSE 6.0.

After some time, I (hopefully) isolated the culprit.

There is problem with Atapi CD-ROM.

When I put boot disk in floppy drive, install routine normally starts,
recognizes HD as hda and CD-ROM, as
hdb, but after that machine hangs, blank screen.

When I detached CD-ROM, everything is OK.

We tried all kinds of combinations (master & slave), but without any
success.

I am aware of the problem from the description in the SuSE manual
(2.8.5), tried also to put the explicit parameter, but nothing
happened.
When I try to run loadlin from HD, program selects EIDE2 kernel.

Does anyone has any suggestion to solve the problem?

Yes, I know, install from HD, but this is not the real solution for a
long run.
Sincerely,
Sasa