I replied to this thread once before, but it went to
the originator instead of the list.  I personally use
Yahoo mail for my list serves.  I get around 200 email
a day, and I don't always want to download them all.
So I use Yahoo, let it download them for me, then I
can read the headers and delete the ones I don't want
to read.  Sure, there are problems with doing this,
like, Yahoo doesn't sort email by thread, but you can
at least create filters and directories for different
list serves.  This way, I am always accessing the same
email no matter where I am.  I'm sure lots of you have
problems with this, but for a guy using a modem,
downloading 200 email at once is painful.

--- "Mac Q. Flores IV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I use the "leave mail on server" option in my home
> computer.  My work
> computer is set to d/l and erase all the mail from
> the server.
>
> In your case, you can set "leave mail on server" in
> your work computer.
> This way, you can still download all your mail at
> home . .. yes . . . even
> the read ones!  But then, with the amount of mail
> you receive, you'll be
> downloading an awful lot of mails at home since
> netscape will go through
> the process of d/l everything again . . .
>
> A hardware solution to this is to buy a ZIP drive
> for both locations and
> point your netscape mailbox to this (awfully slow
> though!)  You can then
> disable the option to "leave mail on server" on both
> your work and home
> computer.
> ----------------------------------
> "R. Johnels" wrote:
> >
> > The thing is; I already have dowloaded mail from
> my ISP on both
> > machines... So I want to combine the two
> directories into ONE.
> > As of leaving the mail on the server...
> > This is my scenario..
> > I get to work around 07:00 every morning, and kick
> my netscape mailer
> > int action on the NT workstation there.
> > It checks for mail every 5 minutes. leaving me
> with aprox. 1 to five new
> > mails every run...
> > I get of att 16:00 (You calculate the total
> :-)...)
> > As i get home i ususlly run a few dialup sessions
> robing my server for
> > mail.
> > Now here is what i want to do: Be able to combine
> the mail at work
> > with the mail at home...
> > If i leave the mail on the server, will i be able
> to get it all to my
> > homebox? even the read ones?
> > And the ones i have at work, how do i get them
> home and together with
> > the ones there?
> > --

===