On Tue 25. Jul - 07:42:48, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 11:40:40PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wrote something about integrating s2disk with powersaved (appended).
> > Please have a look.  [I've already seen that SUSE 10.1 uses the same
> > mechanism, so this seems to apply to it either.]
> >
> > I'd like to add it to the package as a "miscellaneous" document.
>
> It looks good, however i'd like Holger's comment if it is a good idea
> to replace the do_suspend_to_disk action, since it might do some additional
> stuff (ignoring button events after resume comes to my mind) or if we should
> just advise to hack /usr/lib/powersave/do_acpi_sleep, where the stuff is
> handled now also in a shell script but it might have a special handling
> around it.

Yes, that's right. Replacing the do_suspend_to_disk action misses out some
of the built-in functionality:
  - ignoring button events after resume
  - reset CPUFreq settings after resume
  - it confuses our internal event management, which runs asynchronous and
    thus needs to know how long the system slept

It may work all the time, but still can cause problems.

So the easiest and most clean way to integrate uswsusp is to hack
/usr/lib/powersave/do_acpi_sleep. I think that should be pretty easy. I
hope we (seife or myself ;-) can do this the next days so that I can put a
version update to sourceforge.

Regards,
        Holger