Hi,

i just had an idea :-)

Is it possible, by using the uswsusp infrastructure, to freeze everything
but the s2ram process during suspend to RAM? I mean the following:

start s2ram
- chvt away from X
- freeze everything else
- save video state etc.
- echo mem > /sys/power/state
- post video etc.
- thaw everything else

When doing it this way, nothing could interfere with video POST (on some
machines the VBE calls take some seconds, the user might already press
ALT-F7 in the meantime), the whole video resume business would be "almost"
in-kernel.

Is this a good idea? Is it doable?
--
Stefan Seyfried                  \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices      \ wanted to be paid for what I write."