Hi!

I checked what you asked. Rebooted my notebook in text-only (single)
mode, and tried the s2ram with all the parameter variations shown on
the documentation page. The result was the same every time:

suspended into ram successfully, but when I pressed a key on the
keyboad (my bios does not "feel" the 'lid open') my machine
rebooted.

Every time.

After that (in case I did something wrong) I, again, tested 's2ram -f'
from X, and it succeded in suspending and resuming perfectly.

I don't really understand this.

I use
        distro: Debian "Etch" GNU/Linux
        kernel: stock kernel (2.6.17-2-686),