Believe me or not, this is what happens.
I use Fedora Core 6 and vga=0 is entered via grub, as usual.

Don't know if this is because the new radeonfb code I mentioned in the
previous mail.

Anyway syslog says:

Nov  3 21:37:46 tycho kernel: Kernel command line: ro root=LABEL=/
pci=assign-busses quiet vga=0 init=/sbin/initng

Do you believe it now? :-)

Bye,
Fabio