On Tuesday, 7 November 2006 15:32, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 November 2006 15:11, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 02:28:26PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > > The same parameter works for 'resume', but currenty it needs to be set in
> > > the config file.  However, when I finally apply the command-line-parsing
> > > patch,
> > > it'll be easy to add a command line switch for that.
> >
> > The module loading takes place after resuming, and we hopefully do not have
> > to change the system wide loglevel after resume. It is generally nice to
> > have
> > the kernel messages on a dedicated console, just not mixed up with the
> > s2disk
> > messages :-)
>
> Now that's strange, because the suspend loglevel (set by s2disk) should be the
> current one after resuming and s2disk should switch it back to the original
> one.

Well, I've just tested it and it works as expected.  Namely, if
'suspend loglevel' is set to 1, there are no kernel messages on the terminal
during the suspend as well as after the resume.

Besides, I think it's not a good idea to use a hardcoded terminal number,
because it may be used by someone else and then unexpected things may ensue.

--
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
                R. Buckminster Fuller