Hi Tee and All,
      Thanks for the addresses.
--- Tee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://www.lister-petter.co.uk/product.htm
     On this site under the L and T series diesels are
modern versions of the old slow diesels. These work
well down to 400 rpm and have a max of 1800 rpm. They
are perfect for biodiesel.
    You can get parts too. You can get an Indian/
China motor if you want but Listers are a better value
for the same job. If you need a low price buy used.
                jerry dycus

http://www.blueridgediesel.com/dieselengines/lister.htm
> http://www.dessco.com/lister.htm
>
> At 04:12 AM 12/13/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>  >     Hi All,
>  >       When I last checked 8 years ago they were
> still
>  >being built by Lister and Petter in England and
> sold
>  >in large # for road construction and pumping uses
> in
>  >the US. They are air cooled too.
>  >      Volvo makes one for boat use that's water
> cooled.
>  >A great way to heat your house and make
> electricity.
>  >Save big bucks every winter.
>  >      Call your local construction , marine or
>  >genorator equipment co for them.
>  >    Hope this helps,   jerry dycus
>  >--- Andrew Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > > Yes, they are still made in India. I have an
>  > > Australian made version.
>  > > It is 4hp, and runs up to 800rpm. I have it
> coupled
>  > > to a 2kVA
>  > > alternator. It is water cooled, weighs about
> 200kg
>  > > and is over 50
>  > > years old and runs like a dream. I run it on
>  > > straight chicken fat
>  > > (the stuff that drips off the chickens as they
> cook)
>  > > it is the
>  > > consistancy of thick cream, stinks, attracts
> the
>  > > flies but works
>  > > well. I would put my money into one of these
> (where
>  > > practical) any
>  > > day rather than the modern high speed diesels.
>  > > have seen similar
>  > > diesels in use throughout Thailand and
> Indonesia.
>  > >
>  > > Andrew.
>  > >
>  > > --- In biofuel@egroups.com, "DAVID REID"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  > > wrote:
>  > > > Keith,
>  > > >          I think they still make them in the
>  > > Phillipines and use
>  > > them there.
>  > > > B.r.,  David
>  > >
>  > >
>  >
>  >
>  >__________________________________________________
>  >Do You Yahoo!?
>  >Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of
> Products.
>  >http://shopping.yahoo.com/
>  >
>  >