Hi Bryan,
--- Bryan Fullerton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I disagree... unless you are getting exotic with
> your electric motors. i.e.
> thin and nearly as big as the wheel. While these
> kinds of motors are cool I
> haven't been able to find them since I saw them on
> the net about 3 years
> ago.. There are ways to do the conversion with
> standard motors made for
> Electric cars. I have thought of at least 3
> different ways to do it and my
> problem has been deciding which way to go. If you've
> a source for those
> fancy motors.. mind indulging me? thanks
    All wheel motors I know of are custom made. This
drives the price thru the roof.
     Personally I don't see why people need a 4000+ lb
vehicle to move 1 or 2 people around. What we need are
smaller biodiesel and electric vehicles not larger.
     If I was building a kick ass 4x4 I'd leave the
diesel in place and run it on biodiesel to the rear
wheels and a 9" ADC motor , DCP 1200 controller and
192 volt pack of Optima yellow top batts to the front
axle.
    Less work, but still costs 10k to 15k. A 4 wheel
motor system is this 1 motor system times 4. Gets to
50 k quickly.
    I'm currently building a 3 wheeled Ev car and
planning to produce a composite enclosed 2 seat sport
wagon with 2 wheels in front. I'm painfully aware of
what things cost. Try bringing in a low production car
to market you find out about prices fast.
   I'm good at keeping cost down so if you send me off
list your vehicle model, preferably a light one, it's
mission ie off road, commute, ect? and other details I
could point you in the right place.
           jerry dycus

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

eGroups eLerts