Hi Kieth and All,
     I agree with Terry on H2 for fuel for the same
reasons. Above the ineff of producing the gas the
problems of storing enough to go more than 100 miles
in a vehicle have not been solved. Even if the storage
problem is solved a vehicle that ineff will lose in
the future marketplace.
    For the same energy an EV would go 4 times farther
than any H2 powered vehicle, either made by solar or
petro's.
    As for green cars the electric beats them all
hands down because it gets twice the energy input to
power to the road. The best ICE's only get 7% of it's
energy input to the road. EV's get 12 to 18% of their
input to the power plant to the road.
    The only way  hybrids could be green is if it's a
full EV with a small APU of 5 to 15 kw. Right now this
has to be run by gasiline for many reasons like
availibity, weight , size, cost ect. I want to run it
and use it to charge my house too with biofuel hence
my being on this list.
     The vehicles built by the japanese would be just
as good as straight ICE's . A VW Lupo gets 80 mpg,
better than the hybrids, run on biodesiel would much
more green. Their " hybrid" is really just a big
starter and Detroit is trying to pass this off as
green to take the heat of them blowing their Ev
programs.
     Yes I'm building an EV, sometimes hybrid for
myself and future to produce them. It only uses a 3kw
apu to go long distance, over 70 miles.
      But I thought this was the Biofuel list, I
belong to the EV lists and like to keep things
seperate. Someone seems the have put me on the mad cow
list but that has hopefully been cleared up(G).
                        jerry dycus
--- Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Heeheehee
> >Where did the gas and petroleum come from?
> >Non-sustainable and polluting.
> >More spin!
> >Terry
>
> Well, of course it's spin. Natural gas is cleaner at
> the tailpipe,
> but not anywhere else (except in the minds of Big
> Oil spin doctors).
> Hybrids are interesting though. A good hybrid
> running on biodiesel
> now... The Japanese ones run on petrol, but the PNGV
> hybrids are all
> compression ignition. Not yet marketable, but
> something'll come of
> it. There are several list members quietly building
> hybrids and not
> telling us much about it yet.
>
> Best
>
> Keith Addison