Hi Keith and All,
--- Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Jerry
>
> > > able to overwelm the
> > > Madcow'ers.
> >    One can always hope.
>
> At least it has something to do with biofuels,
> unlike EVs? :-)
      You asked about hybrids that started this thread
, which my EV is sometimes. I want to charge it from
biofuels and was explaining how to get the most from
biofuels by converting them to electricity, the most
eff way to put power to the road.
    I should have put my previous post in better words
but the point remains that the arguements put against
EV's were so wrong they had to be set straight as
others have. If people are going to put something down
at least have the facts straight or ask. You wouldn't
be to happy if people told untrue things about
biodiesel on the list.
    Most of the things people think about EV's are not
true. Few people know there are RX-7 EV's that turn
the 1/4 mile in 10 sec and EV dragsters that turn it
in  8 seconds. Some EV's have a 250 mile range at
highway speeds.
     As someone about to start production of EV's
having misconceptions spread hurts my future earnings
and hurts the enviroment too. Total system EV's are
the lowest eco impact transportion you can get besides
bicycles.. Detroit won't build them so it's up to us
little guys to do it. Many people know the truth about
EV's and want them but none are availible. It's hard
enough to do something like this , it's sad people try
to tear it down.
> Strange, people still moaning about it, though
> there's been very
> little about it recently. I still don't understand
> what inimical
> force compels you to read messages if you're not
> interested in the
> subject. Their mere presence on the list offends
> you?
      We was joking, sorry it didn't go over with
everyone.

> >    I'd think with the need of 20% methanol to make
> >biodiesel they'd be all over how to make methanol
> >cheaply.
>
> I asked you for more information about that some
> time ago but you
> didn't reply. Do you in fact have any workable info
> on the DD process
> for producing methanol?
     I did reply, I said all that I knew, it was a
short list. The article in home power is the only
actual process I know of for methanol. The process to
make methanol was run DD gas, set up like a moonshine
still with wood instead of mash ,while hot thru 20 ft
of insullated 5/8" copper tubing with a copper chore
girl  scrubber pulled straight or copper wire inside
the tubing to help cat. the gasses into methanol.. I
figured that on a biofuel list someone would know more
and help me too.
     I don't need methanol, the biodiesel people need
it, badly from the prices I've seen on the list.
    I have a book from the 40's that details different
gas producers but are all big units mostly for coke
and charcoal production mostly for steel production
with the gas for heating the steel and retorts.
    If I ever want to make a lot of syn bio nat gas
I'm ready.
    I am trying to design a DD gasifier for about 200
lbs of wood chips, equal to about 11 gal of petro, to
run a gen to charge my house and EV. I haven't settled
on one design yet though.
       Hope this helps,   jerry dycus

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details