Hi  David  R.

Thank  you  for  taking  the  time, and  I  agree
on  the  small  plant  scenario.  I  will  try  to  get
the  first  book  you  mention  asap.  There  is  some
good  info  at  www.britannica.com . I  started  out
by  just  entering  glycerol, and  that  is  a  short
entry,  three  paragraphs,  but  at  the  bottom  of
the  paragraphs  it  says  * click  here  for  more
info * . That  takes  you  to  " soap  and  detergent "
the  third  paragraph  in  that  is  very  interesting
as  it  tells  how  to  separate  the  glycerin  from  the
soap  with  a  saltwater  solution.  If  you  have  time
check  it  out.  The  people  at  www.arserrc.gov
filed  for  a  patent  ( 08/631,498 )  on  4-12-1996
for  a  process  for  "Biodiesel  Production with
Lipases"  and  they  also  were  working  on  a
process  for  " Soapstock  for  Biodiesel  Production ".
I  tried  to  find  the  patent  I  mentioned  at
www.uspto.gov  but  couldn`t  locate  it . The
website  says  that  for  a  fee  you  can  get  a  copy
of  the  patents  and  get  a  license  to  use  them.
I  was  very  aggravated  in  not  being  able  to  find
any  more  info!  The  soapstock  thing  sounded
terrific ! I  also  found  that  the  NREL  in  Colorado
also  has  this  technology,  the  process  with  the
lipase  catalyst . I`m  sure  a  lot  of  us  would  like
to  know  the  details  on  both  these  things,
especially  the  soapstock  process !!

David  Cruse