Hi Tim and All,

--- Tim Zarbo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Cruse,
> Would you mind sharing your plans in reference to
> selling power to your
> CoOp? I am interested in doing something similar
> here in FL if I can get
> them interested.
>
> You In Jerry D? :)

   I'd love to sell power to TECO, our local power co,
but they won't buy, won't use biomass in their coal
plants even though they allready have used it and I
arranged for the biomass delivered free. Also tried to
sell them tidal genorated power but was turned down
again.
    They own the coal fields too for their plants so
don't want anything to replace it as far as I can
tell.
    I was going to start with a megawatt, about 1,000
hp, then add to it.
    The best way to sell electricity now is to sell
peaking power straight to customers. They go on
interruptable power from TECO which has a low rate of
$.03 kwhr and just genorate for the cut-off hrs with
biomass.
    This makes the biggest amount of money with the
least cost in labor and money and gives the customer
electricity at about 1/2 the cost per kwhr while
replacing the most polluting power TECO makes, ie the
Gannon plant.
     David, if I was going to produce power from a
stationary plant from bio-oil I would use heated,
filtered veg oil instead of biodiesel for cost/ labor
reasons as in a lot cheaper.
    Maybe make biodiesel as a side business for
vehicles. Better money there for biodiesel.
   BTW the feds have a tax credit program where they
buy most or all the bio-oil feedstock for doing this.
It's in the tax code as corperate welfare to ADM but
you can use it too. You'll have to find it as I don't
know where it is.
     You should look to producer gas or destructive
distillation of waste crop biomass as the best,
cheapest fuel for an operation like you want if your
goal is to make money.
      Hope this helps,
                   jerry dycus
   PS, great Flying pigs, King George and Henry
stories .