Hello Hanns

Thanks for the info. But I'm not sure why you need enzymes for
cellulose conversion. That's still a very iffy field. You should be
able to ferment the liquid and distill out the ethanol, normal
alcohol production. Husks and shells are best used as you plan, for
coir and heating and charcoal. See our Biofuels library for how-to
info on distilling.
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library.html

>Keith,
>
>Once again, thanks for your help and advice, which I will still ask for more
>of, being a newcomer to the biofuel movement. Please see my messages to
>Gerry, Marc de Piolenc and Kirk for further explanations of what I am trying
>to do. That is to start a village based industry in PNG (where I have close
>family ties) involving the production of bio fuel (import replacement, job
>creation, environmental conservation) and the coconut palm, because the
>copra industry is all but dead (income producing, job creation, etc.) and
>there are plenty of coconuts everywhere.

It's a good scheme, but you'll need a more appropriate technology
than Etherington's if it's really to benefit the local people. It's
rather easy to end up widening the income gap and further excluding
the very people you're trying to help. You should ask VITA if they
have a good technology for this, or ITDG, or ECHO, few others. More
info here:
http://journeytoforever.org/at_link.html
Appropriate technology resources

>Re the enzymes for cellulose conversion, I will need prices, quantities
>required, and more info on the actual process. This means to start learning
>some serious organic chemistry, about which I know very little.

Maybe not.

Regards

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever