Hi Tim,
          Thanks for your reply. Of all the prices sent to people you are only
the second one who has the courtesy to reply.
Sent  you the S.I.P. pricelist that I had made up for our local market here
which is in NZ$. Also sent you a separate quote for a single oil filter with
the prices converted at the bottom into US$ at the approx current exchange rate
of NZ$1 = 42cUS which you should have received. This quoted you the following
prices:
Oil filter complete*1 delivered to your address Tampa, Florida by Intl. Air  =
NZ$355-42  @ 42c = US$149-28 (4 to 10 working days)
as above with Track & Trace, + Insurance add NZ$15-00                      =
NZ$370-42  @ 42c = US$155-58
Oil filter complete delivered to your address Tampa, Florida by Economy Air =
NZ$343-95 @ 42c = US$144-46 (11 to 25 days)
as above with Insurance but no Track & Trace add NZ$10-00
 = NZ$353-95 @ 42c = US$148-66
Both cases are automatically insured to NZ$250-00 without additional insurance.
In the second case I may have inadvertantly added $15 rather than $10 but as I
went through the system and permanently deleted something like 900 to 1000
e-mails yesterday morning can no longer check.
Unfortunately cant get the freight rate down lower than this as rate only comes
down with increased weight being proportionally dearer at lower end and cheaper
at higher end. Track and Trace is the same regardless of weight (up to max of
20kg) and additional insurance is same amount for anything over NZ$250 to $1500.
If interested let me know. An answer either way is appreciated.
At US$1-60 per USgal this = 42.27USc L which = approx NZ$1-00 per litre. At
present we are paying approx NZ 76cents L so I can understand your frustration.
(Note: $.97/gal = approx NZ 61 cents L ).
Mind you we use cheap Indonesian crude with a sulfur content of over 3000 ppm
which is penny wise and pound foolish in my opinion. In Europe they genarally
dont use more than 350 ppm. As you will realise if you add sulfur compounds and
water together you normally get sulphuric acid. This can quickly shorten your
oil and engine life. This is where the by-pass filters excel in removal of
these and where fitting these on just that basis alone is totally justifiable
so maybe you Americans depending on source of your oil dont do too bad
afterall.
PS. All the Oil companies (as there is only 1 refinery) have just had to recall
a batch which is not up to scratch all round the country. Again as a result of
trying to do things on the cheap.
*1: includes 9 piece installation kit, & 2 M reinf braid rubber hose.
B.r.,  David