----- Original Message -----
From: "Dick Carlstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> our  lc 400 one stage plants maintain 50 celisius and 2 bar during mixing
> and settling.

Dick do you notice any difference in reaction rate with the pressure
applied?
Considering pressure cookers, autoclaves etc the aim seems to be to get the
temperature higher than heating at atmospheric pressure would allow. ie
boiling limits max temp. 15 psi with aqueous loads usually gives 121C.
Every ten degree C temperature rise doubles the reaction rate.
2 bar should enable a higher temp/faster reaction rate as the methanol would
have a higher boiling point under pressure. Using 50C are you gaining any
advantage from the pressure?

Now for a subject close to your heart and a timesaver for everyone.
<Snipping.>  The term has me confused.
 I usually highlight and delete non-relevant parts (perhaps I am cutting out
too much).
Is that the same as <Snipping> or is it another technique altogether?

Snippers unite.

Paul.