Hi Marc and All,

   Yes you will. Even if you only get 80% out at high
discharge rates if you wait a while the power comes
back as the chems get to the batt plates surface.

   Battery life of lead batts only gets hurt if you
discharge more than 80%.
   With ni-cads is much better than this and they last
20+ years.

> That's in addition to the
> > weight and cost penalties of batteries, which
> still have very low energy
> > storage densities.
   Have you checked out the weight of fuel cells and
NiMH H2 storage? They are not very good, little
differance..

> > 2. Electrolysis units can be run up to .90+
> efficiency if the current
> > density is kept low - it's a tradeoff between
> capital cost of the
       I've never heard of eff this high. 60% is the
best I've seen.

> > electrolysis plant and efficiency, as a more
> efficient plant is more
> > expensive to build. Of course there's a penalty
> for compression or
> > whatever you do with the hydrogen (best is a fuel
> bladder at or near
> > atmospheric pressure, but that appeals only to
> airship maniacs like
> > myself), but even that doesn't drop you to 30%
> net. based on heat. If
> > your goal is electricity, you can run hydrogen
> through a fuel battery
> > and recover as much as 85% of input energy in a
> practical road machine.
     I'd like to see this info. Looks much to high.
 50% maybe for fuel cell/ H2 production.

 > In terms of capital cost, electrolytic hydrogen
> makes very good sense as
> > an energy storage medium for power plants with
> intermittent output
> > (solar and wind) if stored in gasometers or
> bladders, especially if
> > there's a market or a profitable use for the
> oxygen (an oxygen-enriched
> > gasifier, for example). With compression ...?
     How much does your Fuel cell cost?
                  jerry dycus