Hi Harmon and All,
--- Harmon Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> jerry dycus wrote:
>
> >        For a given power storage there is little
> > difference in weight needed between air and
> battery
> > systems when everything is included with the
> better
> > battery systems like ni-cads. Not much difference
> with
> > lead acid either.
>
>            Can you give us an example of a 5
> passenger, 700 kilo EV with
> 200km range?
      How about a 4 passenger, 900 kilo EV with a 300
kilometer range. It has been built, tested and proved
but not produced. It's called the Selectra Sunrise.
      Can use show an air car that has been built that
can do, has done what you say?  Practical air power
cars are vaporware.
       Just because it's been on the internet doesn't
mean it's real or works.
      I'm presently building a 2 passenger, 700 kilo
EV with 200 kilometer range. When I come up with the
cash I'll produce it.
                    jerry dycus

> >      If use the same power source to charge the
> car
> > the air system will use 4 times the power per mile
> so
> > which makes more pollution?
>
> Don't know where you're getting those figures from,
> but my own usage for
> vehicle would entail the power source being wind, so
> there's zero pollution.
    If you use 4 times as much power your pollution
comes from the fossil fuels that the extra wind power
would have replaced , the larger windplant needed for
the same range.
> Plus you have to figure a major amount of pollution
> just to manufacture the
> battery for an EV, to replace it, and to recycle or
> landfill it.
      Ev'ers recycle batteries. Done right little
pollution happens. I admit outside the US it's not
always done right but as more EV's are on the road
recycling these dead batteries become more valuable so
people search time out for cash.
      New batteries like lithium are a lot less
polluting and will be the future of EV's.
                      jerry dycus