Hi Dick and All,
--- Dick Carlstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> the air car is presently manufactured in france. it
> is a thoroughly road tested vehicle. there is one us
> franchise already, so local non-believers will soon
> be able to stand corrected.
    Do you have an URL for it?  How many have been
built?

> it is an urban car. lightweight, agile, easy to
> fix/repair, crashworthy tested. an entry level urban
> car, low priced, and versatile (there are delivery
> van/pick-up/taxi/passenger car versions).
     What is it's range?  Who is using it besides the
factory? Who verified the performance?

> and it is not the 'ultimate' solution. no vehicle
> is. mtbf, service requirements, topography, user
> profile, mission profile, opportunity cost,
> operating cost, are just a few of the variables that
> should be taken into account when comparing
> vehicles.
>
> as to the ev/air car non-controversy, i go back to
> my initial statement: we should compare energy
> densities, and more precisely weight/energy
> densities. someone posted that rolling resistance
> was only influential to 25 mph. i would hazard that
> most urban situations will be well within that
> envelope.
    EV's can get over 230 plus mile range verified in
an EV  traveling on I-95 at 75 mph between Boston and
NY. This EV only weighs 2300 lbs, carries 4 passengers
and a top speed regulated to 85 mph. Selectra Sunrise
is it's make, model.
    Is that good enough density for you?
     Can an air powered car do it?
     What would an air car with these ratings weigh?
     Could it even be built?
      With air cars energy/ volume would be the
problem too. What is it?
     The other person was talking about long range. If
you only need a 5 mile range air may work. Not good
for most people.
      The one's built in the US were really bad in
these points. Some barely went 1 mile and they froze
up.
      Waiting for verifiable facts, I have mine,
waiting for yours,
                   jerry dycus

> once more onto the breach, my dear friends, once
> more.....(ws)
>
> cheers, dick

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Small business owners...