Hi Harmon and All,
--- Harmon Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     No, that's not true --- a number of states have
> actually legalized some
> pilot plots to be grown, not just a *study* of
> whether or not to do it. And
> the LaKota Souix tribe (a sovereign nation) in the
> Dakotas has fully legalized
> the growing of hemp on tribal land. True, the fedz
> have raided and destroyed
> their plot last year and this, but the court action
> has begun, and, it is
> highly probable that the tribe will prevail ---
> their treaty gives
> specifically spells out the right to grow whatever
> crops they wish.

    I heard that the governor of Kentucky after the
raid loaded up a truck load of hemp and drove it to
the tribe.
    Hemp has always grown in the US. It's all over
Missouri, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky growing wild
in large quanities left over from the WWII Hemp for
Victory program. The armed forces needed good rope for
the war and hemp doesn't rot or melt.
    The weird thing is most is on federal properties
like national forests.
     It's sad that a plant loved by our founding
fathers, Washington and Jefferson amoung others, could
end up being so lied about by the feds. The feds have
no shame.
>      As will the states, eventually --- the fedz are
> going to end up looking
> pretty stupid trying to defend their policy in light
> of the commercial farming
> of hemp all around the world. Not to mention the
> increasing legalization of
> marijuana itself in so many countries -- Canada
> being one of them shortly.
   The only reason it isn't legal completely in many
countries is the US threatning them with anything they
can like trade, aid, ect.
   They have went as far as to force scienctist to
change their research when hemp, marijauna was looking
good.
   Others intimidated by the US are the AMA, US Center
for Disease Control, UN panel on Drugs, ect.
                    jerry dycus

> Richard J Laue wrote:
>
> > >Todd says:
> > >
> > >Several states have enacted legislation to study
> industrial hemp and or to
> > >permit farmers to grow it.
> > >
> > >I was informed last week that Montana has just
> joined this list.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!