Hi,
         They are painting eyes and putting on
reflective strips on the blades to cut bird strikes
down. It's an overblown danger I believe. Of the 30
small windgenerators I've built and installed non have
killed a bird that I know of.
         Here in Fla we have a big problem of
buttheads letting cats breed and turning them loose to
be ferral. They kill a lot of squirrels and birds but
nature has come up with a solution. We have large owls
here and I've seen them catching and eating the ferral
cats.  Talk about loud in the middle of the night!!
        I'm currently working on non-dam hydro
electric generation systems that have the eco impact
of a rock the same size.
      A 10 kw unit is in the design stage now for home
and small businesses. A 100kw module for utility use
will be next. They will help replace the dam hydro
units that may be taken out of service because of eco
reasons and the stretches that run at 2mph or more.
        These will produce serious power with almost
nil eco impact. I'm going to test the big unit for eco
impact by swimming through it while running.  And no
I'm not crazy, well at least not about this! ;-)
                 jerry dycus
--- light as a feather <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> isn't there anyway to shield? Some sort of enclosure
> or something? It
> seems an awfully sad reason to blow off wind power
> all together...
> sarah

>       "You gotta be crazy
>        Its too late to be sane..."