Never mind - I just checked my workshop manual, and they call it a catalytic
converter - and it's a ceramic medium coated with platinum.

Ok, new question - has anyone ever rodded out the ceramic (and I know I
could just substitute a straight pipe, but thought if the old broomstick
trick works it might be cheaper.)

Craig

craig reece wrote:

> Just read the post by Keith Addison about the particles emitted by
> catalytic converters. I was going to install the stock cat on my Land
> Rover 300 Tdi, thinking that it would help reduce particulates when I'm
> running dino, but now I'm reconsidering.
>
> But Land Rover calls it a trap oxidizer. Does anyone know if trap
> oxidizers as used on diesel engines use a less-toxic or non-toxic
> technology?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Craig

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.