Hi Anton

>An acquaintance  did a test and got about %4 back from a batch using %16
>methanol. I assume then that the bd reaction only uses 10-12 percent.

Other sources confirm that - but, unless you have a very well
controlled set-up, as in a lab, you need to use the extra to get your
reaction and complete it, then reclaim any excess afterwards.

>this
>is not scientific, but I think that since you are not only making your
>glycerin non poisomous, and reusing the "waste" methanol, it is worth the
>effort even at smaller returns than that. Also, if you are recovering the
>methanol, you can use more of it for a better reaction without a cost
>penalty.

Yes, I'm sure that's the best way to look at it. Producing quality
fuel is more important than saving a little methanol.

>What does anyone have to say about pretreating the biodiesel with the
>leftover weaste glycerin with the methanol still init? mix the glyc, whicvh
>has meth and NAOH, then do a reaction with a corresponding lesser amount of
>reactants...

Keep going, you're doing very well. I can tell you it works well if
you get it right, but I'm not free to tell you any more than that. Be
encouraged!

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever