Craig,

You wrote:
> I'm going to use, I think, a  6-port manual tank
> selector valve from
> Anderson Brass. It's about $114, and requires more
> complicated plumbing runs
> since it needs to be installed where you can reach
> it while driving - on the
> firewall, or, in a truck, below the driver's seat.
> But I like the idea of no
> electrical gremlins to worry about. On the other
> hand, since the Pollack is
> about 1/2 the price of the Anderson, I could buy two
> Pollacks and carry one
> as a spare.

Are there two out lines from the Anderson 6 way valve?
How do you plumb so you have two lines to the fuel
pump? If not won't you have a long wait each time you
shut down for the SVO to be purged by diesel? The main
advantage of a remote/solenoid valve is that it can be
placed near to the fuel pump so the amount of SVO to
be purged is minimized. Solenoid valves seem to me to
be very simple and reliable. You could buy 4 used F250
solenoid valves for the price of the Anderson.
If you are set on using the Anderson you may be able
to run a shaft throught he firewall to remotely
operate the manual valve with a handle in the cab. I
did something like this with a fuel shutoff valve in
my plane and used universal joints for a socket wrench
set to make it work around a curve.

>But then again I don't know what a snap switch is,
> so maybe that would be
> good thing too

A snap switch is a bimetal disk which is concave till
it heats to a certain point then "snaps" to convex
shape turning on(or off) a microswitch. When it cools
to a cretain temp it "snaps" back to concave again.
They are used in furnaces to control the burners and
fans and are available in lots of heat ranges and
configureations for from 6 to 20 $US. Normally they
have 2 to 4 male spade electrical connections. Handy
little buggers.

Dana

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

Break free. Great