Dana,

I'd love to think a heated tank isn't necessary. One way to heat the fuel
just forward of the SVO/WVO tank would be to use Racor's coolant-heated fuel
line heat exchanger, which would just involve running coolant lines to the
SVO tank. Then use Neoteric Biofuels Vegetherm 12V heater just before the
fuel filter - and, for those of us willing to be lab rats for WVO/SVO on
direct-injection engines - use his not-yet-available Hotter Than Hell
Vegetherm (or whatever he decides to call it.)

If one is concerned about the SVO solidifying in the line between the Racor
heat exchanger and the Vegetherm, use the HIH (although I'd rather not) or
Racor's 12 volt In-Fuel-Line Diesel Heater.

Using both the Vegetherm and the Racor 12V line heater might call for an
alternator upgrade - the Racor pulls 20.4 amps, not sure what the
Vegetherm's amperage is.

Any opinions?

Craig