Paul,

It appears to me that animal fats become partailly
hydrogenated when passed through hot H2O and can then
be easily removed from the vegoil/anifat mix prior to
filtering. This might make the semi automated
production of BD much simpler.

On that note:

Does anyone have any new info on the use of catalysts
in BD production. I have not seen much discussion
recently on this apparently promising development. Can
anyone provide a synopsis of what we know so far on
this. Even if the catalyst is expensive it should pay
for itself if it produces BD without the expense of
methanol, etc.

I would love to incorporate this option into my
modular WVO processing unit design especially if it
would allow those without the cemistry skills to begin
to produce BD at home or in a cooperative situation.
By sharing a catalyst module it could pay back its'
high cost quicker and individual initial investment
would be smaller.

Dana

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/